Interested in working with us?
We are always interested in meeting enthusiastic, outgoing and flexible people who would like to join our team at The Little Wooden Peg.
Floor staff will mainly be responsible for driving sales through engaging with our lovely customers, answering sales queries, ensuring the shop floor and displays are kept at their best at all times and creating a welcoming and friendly atmosphere in the store.
A keen eye for detail, excellent communication skills and an enthusiastic appreciation for sustainable design and childrenswear is a must.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and conscientious with a keen eye and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Must be available for up to 20 hours a week, including 3 out of 4 Saturdays a month
- Engaging with customers in a polite, informed and friendly manner
- Offering customers guidance and advice via telephone and in-store
- Opening & closing the shop (including cashing up in the evenings)
- Ensuring the shop floor and displays are kept at their best at all times
- Receiving and processing incoming deliveries
- Supporting our online store through fulfilling online orders and local pickups
- Assisting with stock taking
- Being a passionate ambassador for The Little Wooden Peg, it’s ethos and products in both your behaviour and outlook at all times
What We Offer
Our employees are our most valued asset. Your personal and professional development is very important to us, and you can expect challenging work responsibilities and the opportunity to grow within our team. We pride ourselves on having a committed, driven and friendly team.
If you think you’d be a good fit for the team please send in your CV with the subject line "Retail Sales Assistant" to hello@thelittlewoodenpeg.